LINK TO EDEN DISASTER PREPAREDNESS
LINK TO EDEN - CLICK HERE: EDEN
LINK TO WINTER STORM PREPAREDNESS: Winter Storm Prepardness
Sign up for NY –Alert weather reports on your computers and smartphones. Click here
Also, please familiarize yourself with the information on the NY EDEN website regarding Severe Summer storms and share this information widely. Click here
Specifically for agriculture, consider hosting Farm Disaster Preparedness clinics. Click here
Finally, for virtually any extreme weather event, preparedness is key. Click here
For more information click here: EmergencyPreparedness
Dealing With Power Outages:
What you need to know, click HERE
Portable Generator Safety, click HERE
Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, click HERE
Staying Warm in an Unheated House, click HERE
Preparing Food During a Power Outage, click HERE
Safety of Frozen Food During a Power Outage, click HERE
Safety of Refrigerated Food During a Power Outage, click HERE
SUICIDE INTERVENTION TRAINING (ASIST)
October 26 & 27, 8:30am - 4:30pm, Delaware County Public Safety Building, Delhi. Cost $30.00 for 2 day training (includes materials, lunch & snacks).
* to recognize that caregivers and persons at risk are affected by personal and societal attitudes about suicide.
* discuss suicide with a person at risk in a direct manner.
* identify risk alerts and develop safe plans related to them.
* list the types of resources available to a person at risk of suicide, including themselves.
* make a commitment to improving community resources.
* recognize that suicide prevention is broader than suicide first-aid and includes life promotion and self-care for caregivers.
To register call 607 - 865-6531.
Get SET to SAVE ENERGY TOGETHER WORKSHOP
Tuesday, October 6, 6pm-7:30m, CCE-Resource Center, Hamden.
Meet the RUPCO Green Team and regional Energy Coach and find out how to reduce your energy bills as well as learn ways to save money, and live in a safer, more comfortable home. They will also explain how to apply for a FREE or reduced cost Comprehensive Home Energy Assessment.
Program is FREE. To register call 607-865-6531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for more information: GET SET Invite Flyer