Alternative Agriculture and Natural Resources
While Dairy Farming dominates the agricultural landscape in Delaware County, other farm enterprises are a vital part of its heritage and future. These include the greenhouse/landscape nursery enterprises, vegetables, livestock and poultry, equine industry, field cash crops and fruits, timber, aquaculture, forestry products and maple production and many more. Contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 607-865-6531 about the following programs:
- Programs to cover all issues of forest management for the forest owner.
- Small Scale Farm Enterprises – a bi-monthly newsletter aimed at small farm enterprises and innovative farming methods.
- Extension Connection’s Agriculture Section works to keep farmers abreast of grants, agricultural conferences, farming opportunities, and key issues affecting all farmers.
- Targeted conferences in horticulture and livestock production.
- Insect & Disease Diagnosis – Interface with Cornell Diagnostic Labs may be required.
- Free pH Testing
- Soil Testing for Nutrient Levels – sent to Dairy One (fee required).