March is "4-H Countywide Community Service Month." Every year 4-H members complete many community service projects that benefit their communities. This year, Delaware County 4-H will be holding a Countywide Food Drive.
We are inviting all independent members, club members, leaders, and friends of 4-H to hold food drives in their communities to collect nonperishable food items to either help out their local Food Banks or the Delaware County Food Bank located in Hamden. We hope you will join 4-H members from across the county to help those in need, especially during these hard economic times. Please use the steps below to organize your food drive:
1. Register with Emily at the 4-H office by either calling 865-6531 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Collect nonperishable food items by asking family and friends to donate or set up a drop off point at a business or bank in your community.
3. Each member, club, or friend of 4-H collecting nonperishable food items should keep track of the total weight of the goods they donate. Please use the form below to keep track of your donations. Our goal as a county is 1,500 pounds.
4. Food donations can be dropped off at your local food bank or the Delaware County Food Bank throughout the month of March.
5. Another option is to drop off your nonperishable food items at Cornell Cooperative Extension in Hamden, and