DELAWARE COUNTY 4-H MISSION
In Delaware County, thousands of youth between the ages of 5 and 19 participate in traditional clubs, special interest groups, and school enrichment programs. Our mission is to provide these youth with educational programs, experiences and resources designed to enable them to develop knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes and behaviors to become competent, caring adults.
- A community of 6.5 million+ young people, across America, who are learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills.
- Delivered by Cooperative Extension
- Participating in fun, hands-on learning activities supported by the research of land-grant universities (Cornell University in New York)
- Completing hands-on projects in areas like health, science, agriculture and citizenship
- A positive environment where youth receive guidance from adult mentors and are encouraged to take on proactive leadership roles
NATIONAL REACH THROUGH LOCAL PROGRAMS
4‑H’s reach and depth is unmatched. Through our community of 100 public universities, 4‑H reaches kids in every corner of America – from urban neighborhoods to suburban schoolyards to rural farming communities. Our network of 500,000 volunteers and 3,500 4‑H professionals provides caring and supportive mentoring to all 6 million 4‑Hers, helping them grow into true leaders today and in life.
Download the forms you need or find links to resources you can use with your 4-Hers